York Region Lions Parent Code of Conduct
- I will remember that children participate to have fun, and that the game is for the kids, not adults.
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy to players, coaches, referees and spectators.
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct such as booing, taunting, cursing, threats,or physical assaults.
- I will refrain from any unauthorized coaching of my child or other players during games and practices.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning.
- I will stay off the field during practices and games.
- No alcohol is permitted to practices and games.
- Allow 24 hours to pass before addressing any concerns with your player’s coaching staff after a game or practice.
I understand and accept the associations policy that if I violate the pledge, I may be asked to leave the practice or game. I also understand that continued violations of the pledge will result in being banned from further attendance to games practices for the remainder of the season.
York Region Lions Player Code of Conduct
- Your main goal is to have fun.
- Be positive, encourage sportsmanship from your fellow players.
- Respect all players, coaches and officials.
- Treat your fellow players as you would want to be treated.
- You will not boo, taunt, curse or threaten other players.
- Always remember your best is all anyone can ask for and is more important than winning.
- While traveling to other sites, remember you represent York Region Lions Football.
- If you have a problem with a coach another player or parent, talk to the Manager and Head Coach.
- Follow the rules of the coaches.
- Allow the 24 hour rule for any concerns with your coaching staff after a game or practice.
Football is a full contact sport. STAY AWARE, STAY ALERT, AND LISTEN TO YOUR COACHES!!
For information on Safety/Code of Conduct, please refer to the resources below.
- Concussion Awareness and Management
- Ontario Football Alliance / Health and Safety
- Football Canada Code of Conduct
For Home Field Guidelines, please refer to the document below.